Levente (Levi) Samuel Szögedi was born at 6:23 pm on January 22. He weighed 7 pounds 8 oz (3.4 kilo) and was 18 inches (45 cm) long.
For those of you who don't know, we thought we were having a girl--the doctor told us 80% girl after two different ultrasounds. And yet, here he is, our wonderfully beautiful baby boy-- And you know what? Now I can't even imagine having had a girl. He is so perfect!
The birth story
The birth went very quickly. I delivered at 6:23 pm (less than an hour after we arrived at the hospital). I woke up at 6:30 am feeling sort of "funny" and about 10 in the morning I began timing my contractions. All day the contractions were about 10 minutes apart and, though they were quite painful, they weren't getting closer together so I wasn't even sure I was in real labor. At about 4 pm I called my doctor to ask her if she thought I should go in to get checked. She said I should wait until the contractions were 5 minutes apart. About 1/2 an hour later my contractions started coming 3 to 4 minutes apart and were lasting a minute to a minute and a half! Needless to say, we left for the hospital after we quickly finished packing our bags. When we arrived at the hospital, I was shocked to learn that I was already 8 cm dilated and that it was too late to ask for the epidural (I had decided on the way to the hospital that I wanted the epidural). Less than an hour later, I heard my mom say, "Oh my gosh, its a boy!" What a shock! And so I have to say, God surprised me that day. He brought my little Levi into the world quickly and though it wasn't pain-free, it was an amazing experience. I can't wait to see what He has planned for our little guy!

















































6 comments:
Wow such a blondie! I will call soon darling! He's adorable!
Teri
Congratulations!! He is SO beautiful!!
Edna
What a precious blessing from God. I am so thrilled for you two to begin the amazing journey called, "Parenthood." I know you will shine.
All my love and congrats,
JayLynn
Thank you for sharing this amazing story. What a great blessing to your whole family. Congratulations! And God bless you. We love you.
Love, Elysia and family
Congratulations Tamara & Attila. What a surprise and joy to discover your blog.
Your little Levi is beautiful.
The Larson's visitor in Hungary, Connie
Hello from MN Tamara & Atilla.
Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy. Very exciting. I know both of you are wonderful parents.
Visitor to the Larson's in Hungary.
Post a Comment